Almost weekly I get offers to put up a link to some other site, in return for their putting a link to my site. Almost always I decline for a variety of reasons. Some of these cases i could have done a bit of effort and made it whole, but if they haven't done their homework or approached me properly, i say why bother? Here are some of my favorite reasons. Do you have some others?
- I have no control of the anchor text on their end of the reciprocity.
- Their page rank is less than mine
- Their information is out of date
- There are too many outbound links on that page
- There are ads on the page
- The Title Tag on the page does not contain keywords I consider important to my domain
- I don't have control over the description meta tag
- The image of my site has no alt text, and is out of date
- They don't use the title attribute in their outbound links
- Their email to me seemed generated and impersonal
Notice I don't have any design issues with their page. Text is still gold for seo.
Please let me know if you have other reasons for declining someone's seeming good intentions...
Latest posts by Edward Rosenthal
- Higher Source Sites and Yelp - December 1, 2015
- Extraordinary Views - August 24, 2015
- Finding an href with jquery and enqueing the jscript code for WordPress - September 22, 2014